4-Part In-Person Workshop: Introductory Machine Sewing
Workshop cost: $80 general, $60 members and students.
Have you always wanted to learn how to sew? Now you can!
Education Coordinator Camila Salcedo will teach participants the basics of machine sewing in a four-part, eight-hour workshop series. Gain confidence with the functions of a sewing machine, reading commercial patterns, and cutting and sewing fabrics.
You will learn:
- How to use a commercial sewing machine (bring your own machine if you’d like!)
- How to read a commercial pattern
- How to measure your body to ensure a correct fit
- How to choose fabrics, threads, and stitches for your projects
- How to install a zipper or buttons for a professional finished piece
Part 1: Saturday , August 20, 2022. 2pm-4pm EST
Part 2: Saturday , August 27, 2022. 2pm-4pm EST
Part 3: Saturday , September 3, 2022. 2pm-4pm EST
Part 4: Saturday , September 10, 2022. 2pm-4pm EST
All materials come from our Reuse Program including:
- Sewing machine and required machine needles
- Measuring tapes
- Craft paper
- Sewing patterns
- Fabric scissors
- Fabric pencils & chalk
All skill levels and ages are welcome. Class size is limited, registration is required.
Please reach out to Allie Davis firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.